Saturday, March 24, 2007

Fairytale Ball

At Kevin's school every year, the second graders hold a fairy tale ball. That means they learn to waltz, pick 6 or 7 different partners and dance in front of their parents and any other friends or family who want to attend. They also dress up like fairy tale characters. Kevin wanted to be a troll but we couldn't decide how to dress up like a troll. So he was a dragon, instead.













Kevin and one of his dance partners. I don't know her name.













More dancing... (they are wearing dance cards around their necks so they know the next person they are supposed to dance with.)













And still more dancing...













Kevin and Aurora.

















Kevin and his favorite partner. I asked a lady I didn't know to take this picture and didn't check it afterwards. It might be hard to tell what we are doing but we are doing the waltz. He had to help me out a few times. It's not the most attractive picture of me but it's the only one I've got.

6 comments:

Tracie said...

Do you think Kevin will teach me how to dance?

Rose said...

I want dance lessons, too.

Delene said...

Way to go Kevin! You make a pretty awesome dragon.

Anonymous said...

What a good sport you are, Kevin. I wonder if you'll be that good-natured about dancing as you get older--I hope so. Susan, you couldn't be a bad photo subject if you tried!!!

JEFE said...

Go KEV! take it to the next level and do some cardio salsa! Susan, umm.. update, its been like a day.

Katie said...

Kevin's costume looks great! i remember when i was there and you were painting it! looks like you had a good time!