Monday, January 21, 2008

Our Sunday morning/early afternoon

This year we get to go to church at 2:00 pm. I've never done that before, and, to be honest, it's not my favorite time to go to church. But it does leave a lot of time in the mornings to do things. We are still trying to get our routine worked out. Darren and I have decided to try and put Jake down for his nap at 11:30 or 12:00. So yesterday morning I wanted to put him in the bathtub and get him all ready for church before his nap. That way we could wake him up right before church and he would be ready to go. His hair was looking really long and unkempt. I decided to get out the clippers and cut his hair before I put him in the bathtub. He's not the most cooperative kid at getting his hair cut. In fact, he hates it. He had tears rolling down his face and all the hairs that fell onto his face stuck to the tears. I had Kevin take some pictures but he didn't get very close. When I was two thirds of the way done the clippers broke and I couldn't get them to stay together long enough to finish. About this time, Darren woke up from his nap ( or maybe Jake's screaming woke him up?). He tried to fix them, gave up and went to Walgreens to get some new ones. Then I held Jake while he finished the hair cut. By that time there was hair all over the bathroom , Jake and me. I put Jake in the tub while I worked on Ethan's hair. His haircut went much quicker. Just as he as getting in the tub with Jake, he noticed something in the tub that wasn't supposed to be there. Lets just say Jake had done something in the tub that would have been easier to clean up in his diaper. I quickly pulled Jake out of the tub which caused a lot of water to get all over the hair on the floor of the bathroom. We got the tub cleaned up, new water put in and kids back in the tub. Then tackled the bathroom mess. It turned out to be a not so relaxing Sunday morning/early afternoon.




































9 comments:

Anonymous said...

...so, I'm assuming Jacob didn't get his nap! This is a great story, Susan! Intentions are noble things, but I know how it often turns out when kids are involved. We went from 1:30 church to 9:00 church, which means Ward Council at 7:00 a.m. That's a shock to the system.

Susan said...

Jake did get a nap, but it was a short one.

Rose said...

Luke has done that in the bathtub a few times. It's pretty gross. I'll bet your boys look handsome, though. My boys could use a haircut. Come on down. I don't trust myself.

Tracie said...

I remember a time when Ethan left me a surprise to clean up in the bathroom. SICK!!!!!!

Katie said...

you are a patient women....you're my hero...

Curtis and Shandy said...

I have found Sundays are never relaxing after Dexter. This week we made it 20 minutes longer in church than last. But not relaxing.

Andy Bartholomew said...

hahahaha that makes me laugh, I have church at 2 too! Just glad I dont have kids to worry about.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Church over naptime stinks!! The night we brought Lilly home for the first time she pooped in the tub twice. The really bad part is I was in with her! YUCK!

Delene said...

2 pm sucks! I'm still glad we get 9 am. Looks like too much drama!