Monday, May 05, 2008

Trip to Utah

We decided to go to Salt Lake this weekend at the last minute for Carrie and Nalani's baby blessings. Here are some photos from the trip:


















Actually, this was before we left. It's just a shot of the boys watching TV in my room. I think it's funny that they like to lay on the bare hardwood floor and watch. Doesn't sound very comfy to me.


















This is Ethan and Kevin at Wheeler Farm in Salt Lake. We had never been there but the boys, especially Jacob, loved it.



















Another photo at Wheeler Farm. Kevin and Jake throwing rocks in the water. We had to keep telling them to throw away from the birds. There was a pair of Canada geese on this stream and two little babies.



















Carrie's baby's blessing was at 9 am. We stayed for the entire Sacrament Meeting and then went to Orem/Lindon to Nalani's baby's blessing at 1:00 pm. We made it through the sacrament on that one and the boys just couldn't sit through another sacrament meeting. So I suggested we just take them outside and wait. We found some lawn outside the church to sit on and after we had been there a short while I saw a snake on the cement. Apparently there are a bunch of garter snakes that live in the crack of the cement by this railing. So, Jed and Nalani, you have snakes that live at your church. Darren thinks they spent the winter there. Above is a picture of the boys looking in the crack at the snakes. There were quite a few in there. Once the snakes realized we were there they stayed in the crack. So for those of you that don't like snakes, don't worry, they were inside most of the time.



















Here you can kind of see a part of a snake sticking out.



















Darren, of course, had to play with one of them. He put it on the grass and it quickly slithered under a fence. There was a dog on the other side of the fence and I could kind of see between the boards of the fence that dog was interested in the snake that just came into his territory. I don't know the final verdict of the snake vs dog.



















Carl had a tree that needed to be planted and he had problems with his eye this weekend. He put Darren and Sam to work planting it. They did a great job!

11 comments:

Amelia said...

Susan your kids are gorgeous

Darren Clark said...

Thanks, Amelia!

Anonymous said...

That was Susan that said the above comment. I forgot Darren was logged in. Susan

Carrie said...

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this already: The crack the snakes are in isn't the only crack I can see! Check out Ethan's pants! ha ha ha ha!

That was an excellent weekend! Thanks for making the trip down to SLC!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

I love the pic of your kids watching tv on the hardwood. Super cute!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

I totally went back to check out the 'other' crack picture -FUNNY!

Rose said...

I noticed it right off, too, Carrie. Ethan is really good at posing for unique pictures.

Tracie said...

I was also going to comment on Ethan's crack! I'm glad I wasn't there. I don't like snakes at all!!

Mary Ann said...

Ethan....SAY NO TO CRACK!

Andy Bartholomew said...

You came to Orem without stopping by for a visit? I as well was going to comment on the "crack" i pointed it out to Mary Ann.

Delene said...

Ethan's "crack" is pretty funny!