Friday, November 14, 2008

It's Autumn time

I can't get through a fall without posting a leaves post. Especially with our yard. One weekend in October we raked some leaves but there were still a lot on the trees so we knew there would be more raking to do. Thursday I was in the mood so I went out and raked alone with my Ipod. Kevin had been home all day because of fever during the night but he never acted sick at all during the day. With all three kids home and Darren gone to Idaho Falls, I decided I needed a break. So I didn't even want the kids to come out and help me. I left Kevin in charge of the kids in the house and I worked alone. When it was time to put the leaves into the bags, however, I did need help. So here are some pictures of the kids helping pick up leaves. Kevin was the bag holder and the rest of us picked up leaves. Jacob and Ethan aren't much help and I was tired from raking the leaves. I didn't have the energy to make them stay and help. But I'm feeling it today. My back and thighs are sore from bending and straightening so many times. The front lawn still needs to be done but that will wait for another day and Darren.
















Kevin showing how the wind is blowing the bag open.



















Jake posing on the leaves. He was good at wrecking the piles.
















Ethan tearing apart his Halloween pumpkin with a garden shovel. He started doing it on the cement but I made him move to the garden.















Jake putting leaves into the bag while Kevin holds it.















Kevin and Ethan showing how tired they are after all that work. (and all the bags of leaves that came just from the back yard)

6 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Sometimes being able to work hard by yourself makes things easier. Your boys looked like they had fun with you though!

Tracie said...

Good Job! I like raking leaves, but it can be very tiring!

Rose said...

I love the last picture. That is so cute.

Thomas said...

I can't believe all those bags of leaves. That's out of control. Time to cut the trees down. -Maile

Carl and Pat said...

No--don't you dare cut down those trees! Easy for me to say since we don't have them, but we love all the trees in your yard. I guess it's reminiscent of the Northwest. I'm with you on being able to work along sometimes. I'm that way, too, and I'm sure the neighbors would wonder why I didn't have the kids out mowing the lawn when I used to do it because I loved it so much. You're smart saving some for Darren, however!

Delene said...

I like to work with HELP!!! But doing things alone is relaxing. Sorry Kevin was sick.