Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009 and a few extras

I know I am a week late but I took pictures of our during conference activities specifically so I would update my blog and never did it. So following are some of those.
















Tracie started this puzzle on Christmas day and it has been unfinished since then. So Saturday I worked on it. When I was this far done I had to move it into the living room to free up the dining room table, got caught up doing something and when I returned it was half way destroyed. So Tracie and I finished it again on Sunday during the afternoon session. I made sure Jacob and Ethan knew I wasn't happy, though.















We bought the boys these boxes at Ikea a while back. As with most things there you have to finish it yourself. Ethan begged to paint his so we did that Saturday during conference (I think that's why I moved the puzzle). Darren helped Ethan and it turned out pretty well.


















Kevin working on his box.




















A few days ago I saw Ethan and Kevin sneaking around, dressed weird. Come to find out, they were spies. Pretty creative in their outfits, I think.




















Kevin in his spy outfit.

















Before the Easter egg hunt. I take pictures like this every year - first the empty basket, then the full ones. It has been crappy weather every year since we have been going to them but it was great weather yesterday. Kevin had his first baseball practice so he didn't get to go. He didn't really care, though.



















The full baskets. Jacob froze when all the other kids started running for the eggs. By the time I coaxed him out there we only got two eggs before they were gone. A kindergarten friend of Ethan's was standing next to him and saw that Jacob only got two eggs. Without being prompted by any adult he took two of his eggs and put them in Jacob's basket. I thought that was so sweet. His parents weren't even around and I didn't know them so I couldn't tell them what a good kid he was.




















Jacob painting Easter eggs




















Kevin with one of his masterpieces.


















The boys acting normal. :)

















Easter morning - if Ethan had longer hair it would look like MaryAnn morning hair (no offense MaryAnn)




















Ethan with one of his eggs.
HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE!!!

7 comments:

Rose said...

You have two very handsome spies. I loved all of the fun pictures.

Tracie said...

The spy pictures are awesome!! Too bad we didn't take pictures of our dance party with the mitchells. Coloring easter eggs is fun!!

Mary Ann said...

I am proud of my morning hair and take no offense. I am glad you had fun!

Delene said...

Great pictures! I had my smile today!!! Thanks

marie said...

The spy pics are really funny-Don't kids do the funniest things? I love it!! Looks like you had a fun Easter, I'm glad:) Laine did the same thing at our Easter egg hunts but it was the parents stealing the eggs out from under her-what are they thinking? Over all it was fun and her big brother shared with her.

Theresa said...

I love the spy pics!! You are cooler than us, we didn't dye eggs this year.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

LOVE the spies!!! What a great post!!