Monday, May 11, 2009

Our Weekend

The end of April began baseball season for Kevin. When my brother, Gary, was a kid he was on the Cardinals team. I remember them having a tough time and not winning very much that year. So when I found out Kevin was on the Cardinals I wondered if that team name was jinxed. So far, it seems to be. All the other teams are much better and Kevin's team spends 3/4 of the game in the outfield. Hopefully it will get better. But he does look very handsome in his uniform.



















Darren's parents came to Rexburg for a few days. Since they are now retired they decided to take advantage of experiences like watching a grandson's play and baseball game. Friday night we went out for ice cream cones. Jacob really got into his.






























Ethan's kindergarten class put on "The Three Little Pigs". Ethan was one of the narrators and he did an awesome job. He had a lot of lines to memorize and he needed very little prompting from his teacher.















Ethan's class before the play.















Since Pat and Carl were staying at a hotel with a swimming pool, we had to take advantage of that. I was the only one that didn't get into the pool or hot tub. Once you are an adult you're not as willing to get your picture taken in a swimming suit but here are three of the swimmers.
(Jacob liked his "big muscles")

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Ethan looks like a super stud standing on stage in his shirt and tie! Love it!
Jacob eating that cone, oh my...I laughed out loud at his enthusiasm for ice cream. I feel the same way jacob!
Kevin is handsome no matter what he wears! He looks like Kyle Korver, remember??

Thomas said...

Fun to look at your conference & Easter pics. And I like that pic of you, Rose, your mom and grandma. 80's throw back.

Rose said...

That's funny that you remember Gary and the Cardinals. Jared was on the Cardinals team last year, and I had the same thought. They did pretty good, though. I enjoy watching Jared's baseball games. I would have loved to see Ethan's play.

Carl and Pat said...

That was such a treat (not just speaking of the ice cream cones). One thing you left out, Susan, was a 50+ MPH winds at Kevin's game. I know the wind blows in southeastern Idaho, but that was worse than I ever remember! Susan is right--Ethan did a fantastic job on his narrating. That husky voice of his made it even better. Thanks for a great visit!

Delene said...

Wish I could have been there!!!