Monday, June 26, 2006

The Grocery Game


At the beginning of May my friend, Kristi, told me about a website called The Grocery Game that helps you save money on groceries. It sounded interesting to me so I went and checked it out. Since then I have been playing "The Grocery Game" and if you do it right it really does save you money. What it does is this: She takes the major grocery stores that most of the time are more expensive but have great sales on certain foods (Albertsons, Smiths, etc) and also cuts coupons in the Sunday paper. Then she checks the sales each week and compares them with the coupons and lets us know when it's really a good deal. When it's a really good deal you stock up on that item. Since I live in a smaller town the only store for me is Albertsons (and soon Walgreens). But you people that live in bigger places would have more stores to choose from. So check it out and see if that's something that will help you. You can sign up for a months trial for $1.00 at www.thegrocerygame.com. She will also be on the Food Network show "Unwrapped" June 26 at 7:00 pm, 27 at 10 pm, and 29 at 5:30 pm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always been a coupon clipper, but had gotten away from it the last few years since the kids are gone. If you're dedicated, you can save a ton of money. Keep up the great work, Susan!