Saturday, July 01, 2006

Using the fire pit for the first time



So this is what happened the first time we built a fire in our fire pit. I wasn't out there at the time. But when I heard people rushing for the hose I decided to see what was going on. I found a large fire on my grass. Unfortunately the camera wasn't ready at the time. The fire was larger. Just so everyone knows for future reference, don't pour gas directly out of the can onto a fire and then let it leak onto the grass. Also, water doesn't put out a gas fire very well. Have a metal garbage can lid handy to get rid of the fire's oxygen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scary. I guess you have some boy scouts there using "scout water" as Dave calls it.

Carrie said...

Dis....
Now your grass is going to die everywhere gasoline dripped. Our neighbor hates it when our grass grows into his flower beds so he pours gas on it and it works better than round up!

SWEET fire pit.

Anonymous said...

You damn kids. Don't you know not to start a fire with GAS!

PS Nice fire pit. I want one next.

Delene said...

You better not play with fire! It's dangerous and you have little boys that are watching!