Sunday, September 10, 2006

A couple of random things















Today for Sunday dinner we had meatballs with BBQ sauce. Jake loved them as you can tell and I just had to take this picture because he is so messy. He looked even oranger in real life.















The heating element in our oven has been out for about a month now. My friend, Kristi, knew this and she also knew I usually make a treat on Sundays (which almost always requires an oven). I mentioned yesterday that I missed homemade cookies. Today she showed up on our doorstep with a big ziploc bag full of snickerdoodles for us, still warm from the oven. So we got our Sunday treat, thanks to her. And they are delicious, too. Isn't she great?!

6 comments:

Delene said...

Jake looks happy! I remember each one of my kids did about the same thing at one time or another, usually with spagetti. Those cookies Kristi made look really good. Too bad I'm so far away. I thought you'd have a picture of your surprise visitor this week. (Ryan)

Anonymous said...

How do you survive without an oven?

Susan said...

It's not easy. When I think of something good for dinner that I really want to make and then realize I need my oven it's very disappointing.

Curtis and Shandy said...

Susan I love how you let your boys be boys. They are so stankin cute.

Tracie said...

AHHHHH....BBQ Meatballs! Kristi is a nice friend to have. Did you cut Jake's hair?

Susan said...

I sure did cut Jake's hair. Now he looks more manly.