Sunday, August 19, 2007

Dad time



Friday night Darren was photographing and I was home with the kids. They wanted me to play games with them. Ethan chose Candyland and Kevin wanted Spongebob Life. We played Candyland first and I won. Then we played Spongebob Life and Ethan won. Both games went pretty smoothly so I let them talk me into a second round of Spongebob Life. My patience died halfway through the game. (It takes a lot of patience to play board games with 4 yr olds.) Just at about that same time Darren got home and offered to take over. Was I ever grateful. I don't even know who won that round. He was very thoughtful that way. He also took the kids to the county fair Saturday morning and I got the house to myself for an hour. Right now he and Ethan are out photographing. I think dad time is important, don't you? I sure appreciate it. (I know this photo has some bad lighting going on and is unfocused but it was the better of the two so that's what I have to use.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I would have been there. I've played many a Candyland game with Kevin. I'll have to learn the Sponge Bob game! Darren and Susan--you're the best!

Rose said...

Dave hates candyland, because he always loses.

Susan said...

At least we lost the plumb card so no one ever draws that one.

Delene said...

Dad time is necessary! Looks like they had fun. Darren will have to get a small camera for the boys to photograph with so they have fun on those trips, too!

Curtis and Shandy said...

At least Darren didn't have to babysit!!!