Saturday, December 08, 2007

Santa

Last night at our ward Christmas party, there was a special visitor. Of course, you know when they say that that it is Santa Claus. This year the activities committee wanted everything done in one hour. So as soon as the prayer was said and people were standing in line for food, they called the primary kids up to sing and the other brief entertainment followed. Then Santa came and they wanted families to go together to get through it faster. That was fine with me because I prefer shorter lines to visit Santa and I wanted all my kids in one picture. Jacob clung to me the whole time we were in line and wouldn't let me put him down. I thought my back was going to break by the time it was our turn. Because of the way he clung to me I thought he would cry when he sat on Santa's lap but, surprisingly, he didn't. Oh, and the party was done in one and a half hours.

8 comments:

Rose said...

That is one fast party. Atleast they got to see Santa, though.

Carrie said...

Cute Santa picture with your boys! When I first looked at the picture I thought Darren was playing the part of the special visitor. But then I realized he would proabably never agree to that! ha ha ha!

Tracie said...

I thought for sure Jake would cry. Miracles happen every day. It's a cute picture....You'll have to put that one in a special file for next years calendar. :)

Delene said...

Carrie, you are funny! It is a great picture of the boys. Maybe one day he will touch my cat!

Andy Bartholomew said...

good ol' St. Nick! Although he didnt cry, Jake still looks really unsure

Anonymous said...

We had the same Santa at our ward party Friday night. He must really be magic.

Susan said...

Hey, is that Theresa Tolman?

Anonymous said...

That would be me, so Santa was late coming to our party...guess I now know why.