Saturday, March 22, 2008

Rebecca's Tag

This is an answer to Rebecca's tag. The question is: How did you choose the names for your children?
I'm afraid there are no amazing stories here. For our first child there was really only one name Darren wanted and that was Kevin. So at the hospital I gave in. For the other two I wrote down a bunch of names I liked from the baby book, and gave the list to Darren. He vetoed most of them but agreed to the ones we chose, Ethan and Jacob. Middle names, though, are family names. Kevin's middle name, William, is after Darren's grandfather. Ethan's middle name, Darren, is obviously after his father. Jacob's middle name, Keith, is after my dad.

3 comments:

Tracie said...

You forgot to mention that Ethan really wanted his baby brother to be named Jacob because I think it was one of Kevin's friends that had a brother named Jacob or something like that.

Anonymous said...

I have always liked the names you've given you boys. (Now, if I could just remember what they look like--what I'm trying to say is I can't wait until we get together again!!)
Grandma Clark

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Thanks for posting that!!! I always love to hear those stories! I love that I get to read about your family, it makes me feel like I'm not missing as much.