Thursday, March 06, 2008

Ice Removal

This winter, as the snow on our roof has started to melt, it formed a huge overhang of ice. It was pretty hazardous. If a piece fell it was probably big enough to hurt someone or something it fell upon. We quit parking next to the house. Yesterday I was inside fixing dinner and I heard huge banging sounds. I was about to go yell at the kids to quit banging on whatever they were banging but then I looked out the window. Darren had gotten home from work and was trying to knock the ice down with a broken handle of a shovel or hoe or something like that. So I ran and got the camera to document it. I was a big "help".



















Darren hitting at the ice (and the mini van in the background).



















Chunks of ice falling.




















Chunks of ice falling on Darren. It did hit him on the arm/hand and made him bleed. Good thing it wasn't on his head.















Some of the ice on the ground.

7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

He should have wore safety glasses!

Tracie said...

I'm really glad I have a tin roof. My snow just melted right off.

Darren Clark said...

We have a tin roof

Delene said...

I'm glad you didn't get seriously hurt! Nice to finally see a picture of that new "ride"! Looks good.

Carl and Pat said...

Great new vehicle! Isn't winter just the best...not!!!

Slade said...

You did a good job of capturing 'the decisive moment'.

Sweet van too!

katie grinder said...

i thought your "mini" van would have been bigger... hence the word mini... i am glad darren is okay... i would have liked to see that all take place.