Monday, March 30, 2009

Miriam Beth Lyman Christiansen

My grandma Christiansen passed away on March 21 and we went to her funeral on Thursday, March 26. She was a wonderful grandmother. I lived with her and my grandpa for a couple of summers and I feel like it was a great opportunity to get to know her better. I also learned a few new things at her funeral. She will be greatly missed. Funerals are sad but they can also be happy. It's a wonderful time to see family that you never get to see and I enjoyed talking to all of my cousins/aunts/uncles. All of my cousins on that side of the family were there.



















Here is a picture of my grandma with my mom, Rose and me at a Utah State mother/daughter activity.















The great grandkids (and youngest grandchildren) sang "Grandmother" from the Primary songbook. Here they are practicing. It's funny how half of them are not singing and just looking around.
















After the viewing on Wed night my siblings (that were there so far), their spouses and my parents went out to dinner. I love hanging out with my adult brothers and sisters and parents, especially without little kids to interupt us.















It was very cold at the cemetary. There was a tent set up with a heater in the middle. I already had a spot with my kids right by the heater and I was too afraid to lose my spot. That's why this picture is taken from this direction even though I would have gotten a much better picture from the front. But then I saw Darren with his much better camera and skills in front taking pictures and I felt okay about staying in my kind of warm spot.
















The church felt so nice again all warm and cozy, especially with delicous smells coming from the kitchen. Here is my cute hubby.















Heather was going around with the camera taking pictures.















This is my cousin, Rebecca's, little girl, Gracie, jumping over the broom while Ben was trying to sweep. He was very patient and let her keep doing it over and over again, sometimes landing on the broom.
















My cousin, April, is working on becoming an EMT/paramedic. She had all the kids lined up as test subjects. She knows how to make good use of her time.
















Another dinner photo.

9 comments:

Tracie said...

I thought for sure you would have posted the 'SPOONS' pictures.

Mary Ann said...

Yeah you should....that was alot of fun!

Susan said...

This is just the funeral post. More will be coming.

Carl and Pat said...

You are right--families are the best!

Rose said...

I wish I would have taken more pictures. These are great.

marie said...

Love the pictures. It was a very nice funeral and you all made it very uplifting- as far as funerals go:) It was great seeing you and your fam.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

You got some great pictures! It was so wonderful to see you and your family. I am going to lift that picture of Grace off your blog - hope you don't mind! Ben was so, so good to her.

Delene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delene said...

Looks like someone's getting flipped off in the restaurant picture!