Saturday, February 27, 2010

Bowling and fridges

Since Christmas there really hasn't been much to blog about. I guess that means our life has been quiet and normal, which is good. Last summer the screw that held our refrigerator shelves up broke in half, leaving half of the screw inside the back of the fridge. We couldn't get the screw out to replace it with another one. So we called the Sears repair guy and he couldn't fix it either (we've called him for our oven, washing machine and refrigerator and he has not been able to fix any of them -- so that means we have old things that can't be fixed, he doesn't know how to fix them, or he is trying to get us to buy new appliances from Sears.) Anyway, we have had money set aside to buy a new fridge a couple of different times but have not done it and, instead, have lived ghetto (see pictures below). The other day I decided I was tired of everything falling out when I tried to get to a certain item or things getting smashed by other things being set on top of them. Darren and I went refrigerator shopping yesterday and bought a new fridge. Jacob was the assistant and really wanted (a water fridge). He kept saying he was thirsty while we were in the store and I realized it's because he thought he could get a drink out of one of the "water fridges" on display. Unfortunately for him, there's no way a "water fridge" would fit in our tiny kitchen so we had to buy a boring regular fridge. To me, though, it wasn't boring -- it was exciting.




















Our ghetto life before





















Wow, it's amazing how much better everything fits when you have shelves.
























The new fridge in our kitchen.















Kevin was making a cheese sandwich the other day. I was in the other room and it looked like he had a huge block of cheese that he was trying to put in a sandwich but he just had a piece of bread sitting on the cheese while he was getting ready to make the sandwich. So we thought it would be funny to take this picture. Sometimes you just have to entertain yourselves.

Last Saturday, Tracie hosted an Oscar Meyer turkey bacon party. She got free bacon, coupons, recipes, note pads, etc from Oscar Meyer. All she had to do was make a bunch of food with turkey bacon and have a party. Ethan, Jacob and me went to the party (Darren and Kevin were at Kevin's basketball game). Kat and Andy also came up for the party. That night the Clarks and Kat and Andy went bowling. Kat won, I came in second and all those boys were below us :-) We also all used bumpers.




















Kevin bowling



















Jacob posing for me.




















Jacob had a hard time leaving Kat and Andy alone. He even intruded on their cuddle time.















Ethan bowling



















Serious Ethan
















Darren bowling

8 comments:

Theresa said...

Congrats on the new fridge!! Shelves are handy.

Tracie said...

I got a new fridge and freezer at work the other day and am still really excited about it.

On another note, you need to change the color of your font. It is really hard to read. :)

I like the new background though

Kat and Andy Bartholomew said...

Hey! Great Post! So happy that you got a fridge! I loved the bowling pictures! I had so much fun with you guys! Hope to see you soon! Say hi to Jacob for me!

marie said...

We had a fridge that didn't have the bars on the door to hold all the condiments and stuff- so I took duct tape and made my own bars that was ghetto. I'm glad you got your new fridge:) looks like your having a good time!!!

Carl and Pat said...

Happy new fridge--nothing to make you appreciate a new appliance more than having an old one that completely gives out!

Delene said...

And it does look like Tracies in her other house!!I'm glad for you!

Rose said...

A new fridge is exciting. I liked Kevin's cheese sandwich. The funny thing is, Jared makes sandwiches like that. Okay, maybe not that much cheese, but he does cut a pretty big chunk of cheese.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

The sandwich was pretty funny!! Congrats on the fridge!