Sunday, August 06, 2006

Things growing in our yard

I knew I needed to have a blog post for today and I didn't know what to put on it so I took pictures from our yard. Not the most exciting thing. Our yard still needs some work. There are some big projects that need to be done this fall but we have a lot of things that look good. Here are a few of them.















A big green pepper















Apricots (I've already made one batch of apricot jam from the ones that fell on the ground)




















A bushy clematis that has yet to flower















Our beautiful green tomatoes. There are a lot of them. Anyone have a good recipe for salsa?
















Day Lilly















We'll have a lot of apples this fall.

7 comments:

Tracie said...

You did do a good job on the photography.

Katie said...

yes, i agree with tracie that your pics did turn out way nice.. your growing things look really nice. way to be!!

Delene said...

It all looks yummy! We've been eating tomatoes for about a week now but I'm out and they're taking their own sweet time turning red!

Anonymous said...

I'm also looking for a good salsa recipe, so if you find one, let me know.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a recipe but send me some salsa when you get one. If you get desparate let me know and I'll (have Carrie) look one up on the web...

Susan said...

Thanks Sam, you're a great help.

Anonymous said...

Ugh - We never had such a good crop of apricots and every year I miss the fall colors on that tree. It is almost worth a trip to Rexburg to see the apricot tree when the leaves change colors and filter the warm light into that corner bedroom.