Monday, February 25, 2008

Clark's New Ride

Some of you already know that last Monday we bought a new minivan. It is a Toyota Sienna and we love it! I should have taken a picture earlier but didn't and now Darren has my camera. So I'll post a picture later. Anyway, it's a great car. The story I want to post tonight is the sale of our Geo Prism. I looked on the Kelly's Blue Book website and found that for the condition and miles of our car I could sell it for $1800. We priced it at $1200 or best offer so that it would sell fast. Darren said if I sold it, I could decide what to do with the money. So today I contacted the local papers to put adds in the classifieds and I also put a "for sale" sign in the car itself. This week I planned to drive that car around and park it on the street at work so it would be more visible. Tonight I drove it to Albertsons to pick up some chicken for dinner (it was cheap chicken Monday). A couple met me at the deli counter and asked if I was the one selling the car. I said I was and they said they were interested. So they met me at our house about an hour later, test drove the car, and offered me $1000 for it. Darren and I had already decided that we would accept that if someone offered. So I sold my car in one day. And that's my story.

16 comments:

Delene said...

You and Andy are wheeler dealers!

Tracie said...

That's so awesome. Who would have thought? So what are you going to do with the money? I hope something fun. You should go on vacation and leave Darren home for a week!!!! :) I heard that tickets to London are really cheap right now. Like $450 round trip.

Susan said...

I am going to pay bills and buy lots of food at Sam's.

Carl and Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carl and Pat said...

You better save some money to buy beads in New Orleans (just kidding, really...). Good job, Susan!! Enjoy the minivan. I'm sure the boys enjoy it, too!

Rose said...

That is awesome. Shopping at Sam's club sounds like lots of fun.

Katie said...

i am proud of you. :) so exciting. you sold your little black car?? right? or the other one? either way i will miss which ever car you got rid of. :(

Mary Ann said...

The van will make shopping alot easier and bringing home christmas gifts too!!!

Susan said...

I sold the little black car.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

WOW a one day sale! I am impressed! I love Sam's/Costco - it sounds like a good way to spend it!

Tracie said...

You are much better disciplined than Darren. I thought for sure you would go on a shopping spree (for clothing and other goods...not food) at least. I guess if you're going to Sam's that means you're coming to visit me too?

Mary Ann said...

You can buy clothes at Sam's too!!! Also there are lots of other fun things to buy there too.

Delene said...

You need to get your camera back and get a picture posted! We all want to see!!!

Andy Bartholomew said...

no pictures yet?

Indiana Clark's said...

Way to wheel and deal, Susan. I say you atleast spend 25% of that money on something "you" would really like, but never have a chance to get or do! That seems fair! You deserve it. Have fun!
-Kim

Tracie said...

You want to come to Havasupi with us? Darren can stay home and babysit. I bet he would love that!