Sunday, September 09, 2007

Marshmallows Roasting on an Open Fire

Last night we went out to a spot on the Teton River and had a cookout. Darren and Jon went a little early to fish and get the fire going. The kids, Kristi, Jon's mom, Linda, and myself came a little later. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, the kids threw rocks in the water, and the guys fished a little more. I even gave my first attempt at fly fishing. As soon as I started, Jacob fell in a puddle and got wet. Darren went to the car to change him, and while he was gone I hooked a fish. Having no idea what to do I just pulled on the rod some and tried to reel it in but it didn't work. The fish got away. So that was my attempt at fishing.
















Kevin and Ethan by the campfire. Ethan is pulling a funny face because the smoke went his direction and he didn't like it.















Kristi roasting a marshmallow.



















Darren in all his fishing gear. I'm not sure why Jake isn't happy in this picture. He was happy the whole time we were there. Events like this are fun but not relaxing when you have a high energy toddler, a river and a campfire all in one place. Luckily, everyone else was helping to keep an eye on him.

















Kevin roasting a marshmallow.















Kevin checking out the results of his roasting efforts.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we come up and go to the same place!? That looks like so much fun. I speak to eat the outside of the burned marshmallows, and someone else can have the middle!

Mary Ann said...

looks like you had fun.

Delene said...

Looks like fun! The great outdoors is always a refreshing escape! (Even with kids!)

Susan said...

Sure, everyone's welcome. Come on up!

Rose said...

Did Darren believe you that you hooked a fish?

Tracie said...

Fun Stuff!! Wish I could have been there too!

Susan said...

Of course Darren believed me.

Slade said...

You get the best shots of Darren. Hehe.